Sunday 22 December 2013

Wither Hills Sauvignon Blanc 2013

When I was last buying some wine from Liquorland, I was informed at the till that I had spent enough to qualify for a couple of special offers at the till at $10 for a bottle. Generally, I say no to such attempts to getting you to spend more but the sight of a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc made me pause - long enough to be told it was normally $23 a bottle.

I can’t (always) resist a bargain and had just bought some sushi for dinner, which I thought might go nicely with a glass of wine, so I decided to get a bottle from the fridge. A good decision, for very nice it was too! (And did indeed go well with the sushi.)

They say:

“Distinctly Marlborough, this 2013 Sauvignon Blanc captures the vibrant herbaceous, grapefruit and gooseberry characters of the region. Superb weight and elegance combine to complete a wine of remarkable fruit intensity and style.

This one is certainly on the watchlist for recurring offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)