Thursday 12 December 2013

Truck and trailer approaching a city - and a possible Irish deity

Yesterday, we went to the Art Gallery of New South Wales for the last Art After Hours of the year, when the gallery stays open until late on a Wednesday night. We had a look at a few of the pictures before retiring to the cafe for a glass of wine or two. I think my favourite of the perused artwork was Truck and trailer approaching a city by Jeffrey Smart (1999), who died earlier this year. I can’t say exactly what I like so much about it but I find it very appealing.

Less appealing was The Expulsion by Arthur Boyd - that is until I spotted the uncanny resemblance between one of the main characters and Rodge (I think) from the potty-mouthed Irish TV duo, Podge and Rodge:


Rodge in a fisherman’s jacket, expelling Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden


God (right) and his brother Podge.

1 comment:

  1. Be sure to get a tractor powerful enough so that it will be able handle the attachments you are going to use for different purposes like mowing, towing or plowing.
    SRAC Interstate Trailer Hire

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! (Unless you're a spammer, in which case please stop - I am only going to delete it. You are just wasting your time and mine.)